Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nomangingamemeza

I am sitting on the train today and I am reading ZWNews and there is nothing good. It all just keeps getting worse. All around me are people who don't know or if they do don't give a toss what happens in Zimbabwe. I am suddenly filled with rage and despair all at once, because for all my caring what am I really doing? Am I not just the same as the people I ride train with every morning? When does the moment of obligation begin? I think of my kids and I am riddled with guilt, who will speak for them when the time comes?

Today the ANC released the following statement:

“It has always been and continues to be the view of our movement that the
challenges facing Zimbabwe can only be solved by the Zimbabweans themselves.
Nothing that has happened in the recent months has persuaded us to revise that
view."

WTF? Pray tell, what more can we do? We rejected the tampered with constitution in 2000, we voted for MDC is record numbers in 2002, and did the same in 2005. This March we did the same and yet we continue to suffer for our troubles. What do we do next? Take to the streets? Kill?

Here lies my moment of obligation...no one is coming to our aid y'all! Tis time to shit or get off the pot. I am going home in December....Irrational as it may seem I refuse to die in this country. I belong in Zimbabwe, ndirimwanawevhu. When the very people who terrorise us today decided to combat injustice they did when the last straw laid it's final blow and I think this is it now.

ZVAKWANA! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! SOKWANELE!

1 comment:

EboRâguebi said...

Hello,

My name is Luis Manuel!

I love much of Rugby!

One day I will sér "The Most Complete Player of Rugby"!

For this, I need the help of all!

Tell me, What do you think of my blog.

Thank you for your message

Thank you

Luis Manuel